This policy forms part of the Digital Legacy Service Agreement ("Agreement") and sets out the content standards that apply when you upload Content to our Services, make contact with other users on our Website, link to our Website or interact with our Website in any other way. Please read the following carefully. By using the Services you are agreeing to these terms.
You may use our Services only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Services:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards below.
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke joggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software and hardware.
You also agree:
- not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Services in contravention of the provisions of the Agreement.
- not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Services;
- any equipment or network on which our Services are stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Services; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Website, including, without limitation chat rooms and bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Website, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Services ("Contribution"), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The content standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the content standards.
A Contribution must be accurate (where it states facts), be genuinely held (where it states opinions) and comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case;
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse;
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other websites.
Breach of this Policy
When we consider that a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this policy constitutes a material breach of the agreement upon which you are permitted to use our Services, and may result in our taking of all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Services.
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our Services.
- issue of a warning to you.
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- further legal action against you.
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Other relevant information
Please note that the terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation are governed by English law. You and we both agree that courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction except that if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
We may update this policy at any time without notice. Any changes we make to this policy in the future will be posted on this page.
Your continued use of the Service, following the posting of changes to this policy, will mean that you accept these changes.